[unixODBC-support] DSN=... notation not accepted

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Wed Oct 29 16:22:20 GMT 2008

Andreas Buschka wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I currently have the problem that unixODBC does not same to accept a DSN=... notation. This causes Oracle dg4odbc (Oracle 11g) not to work right now.

I think you might be a bit confused there. It works fine with the DSN=
(or at least it does here) but isql uses SQLConnect that does not accept
the DSN= format, tahts for passing to SQLDriverConnect

If you have iusql (the unicode version) that does use SQLDriverConnect
so you could try what you are doing with that.

I don't know what the informix driver will do with the string though, I
seem to remember that it had some of its own setup files that needed
configuring.