[unixODBC-support] select on date in Timesten throws "Numeric value out of range"

jothi libitha libithashanmugam at yahoo.com
Mon May 19 09:02:49 BST 2008

Hi,
I have Timesten 7.0.3 installed on RHAS 4.1 64 bit system. I have unixODBC 2.2.11 installed and I use the same to access TimesTen database with DBD::ODBC from 64 bit perl.

I have a table that has a varchar field and date field. Whenever I try to do a select on the date field, I get the following error

DBD::ODBC::st fetchrow_arrayref failed: [unixODBC][TimesTen][TimesTen 7.0.3.0.0 CLIENT]Numeric value out of range (SQL-22003)

The same program works well with 32 bit TimesTen client and perl
installation.  I did a DBI trace and noted only difference between the
two: field type recognition

32 bit perl (working)
col  1: TIMESTAMP (93) len= 16 disp= 21, prec= 20 scale=0
col  1: 'CHANGED_TIME' sqltype=TIMESTAMP, ctype=SQL_C_CHAR, maxlen=21, (dp = 0, cp = 0)

64 bit perl (erroring out)
now using col 1: type = unknown (0), len = 16, display size = 16, prec = 20, scale = 0

Could someone tell me where the problem is and how can it be solved?

Thanks,
Libitha

      Bollywood, fun, friendship, sports and more. You name it, we have it on http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/bestofyahoo/