[unixODBC-support] cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Bill Mullin bill.mullin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 15:59:20 GMT 2008

Yes  if the user has sufficient permissions.

from the man page
 ldconfig should normally be run by the super-user  as  it  may  require
       write  permission  on some root owned directories and files.

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 11:17 AM, Brian Schonecker <
Brian.Schonecker at xtek.com> wrote:

> Try rebuilding your library cache.
> it appears that your /etc/so.cache has no knowledge of changes in contents
> of  /usr/local/lib
>
> Unless I'm missing something, doesn't 'ldconfig -v' do exactly that?
>
> Thanks, Brian

William P. Mullin
AgentWare Systems,Inc.
28287Beck Rd. Bldg. D-6