[unixODBC-support] building dlcompact on OS X

Richard Manyanza 1.liseki at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 13:26:33 GMT 2008

Hey people,

I'm on an intel OS X 10.4.11 (darwin 8.11.1) and before building unixodbc
and I'm trying to install dlcompact but I get the following after running
make install:

cc -Wall -O2 -DDEBUG=0 -fno-common -o dlopen.o -c dlopen.c
dlopen.c:71: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a
cast
dlopen.c:81: error: parse error before '_Bool'
dlopen.c: In function 'dlopen':
dlopen.c:255: warning: implicit declaration of function
'NSMakePrivateModulePublic'
dlopen.c: In function 'dlsym':
dlopen.c:401: warning: 'NSIsSymbolNameDefined' is deprecated (declared at
/usr/include/mach-o/dyld.h:150)
dlopen.c:402: warning: 'NSLookupAndBindSymbol' is deprecated (declared at
/usr/include/mach-o/dyld.h:158)
make: *** [dlopen.o] Error 1

Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks.