[unixODBC-support] Acessing Remote Access DB

Ryan Churches ryan.churches at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 00:38:06 GMT 2008

I have a remote Windows Server which I have set up an ODBC connection
for, pointing to a .mdb file I would like to be able to querry.  I
have also opened what I beleive is the appropriate port, 3306.

Based on a past correspondence on this mailing list here...
http://mail.easysoft.com/pipermail/unixodbc-support/2005-December/000842.html
...i set up freeTDS and unixODBC as follows:

#/etc/freetds.conf
[irpor]
host = remote.gotdns.com
port = 3306
tds version = 8.0

#/etc/unixODBC/odbc.ini
[irpor]
Driver          = TDS
Description     = ODBC connection via FreeTDS
Trace           = No
Servername      = irpor
Database        = por
Username       = null
Password        = null

#/etc/unixODBC/odbcinst.ini
[MS ACCESS]
Description = MDB Tools ODBC drivers
Driver = /usr/lib/libmdbodbc.so
Setup           =
FileUsage               = 1
CPTimeout               =
CPReuse         =
UsageCount              = 3

# isql -v irpor
[IM002][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no
default driver specified
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

I'm sure the libmdbodbc.so file is there, and on the windows side I
didn't see anything about setting a DSN name.  I would have recognized
that from other times I've used unixODBC.

On the windows side, I created a new system and user dsn for MS ACCESS
and pointed the database to the mdb file I'd like to query.

Any help is much appreciated.
-Ryan