[unixODBC-support] unixODBC on Windows

Joe DelRocco joed at ecsorl.com
Mon Jun 23 20:54:38 BST 2008

Hello,

This is probably a silly question I'm sure... bear w/ me :)

We use Microsoft's ODBC on Windows but would like to get away from
having to use MFC to use it (including <afxdb.h>, and linking with MFC
as Shard Dll in Visual Studio, etc.).  And in general we would like a
more cross-platform solution.

Is it possible to build unixODBC on Windows?  If so, will it use the
existing Driver Manager and drivers on a Windows machine or do we need
to build a new one and install a different set of drivers?

Ideally, I'd love to build/use this api with our current ODBC wrapper
classes.  Just wanted to check with you guys/gals first to see if that's
possible.

Joe