[unixODBC-support] How to odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini -- or how to Server=??? in DSN-Less connect

Michael Higgins linux at evolone.org
Mon Jun 2 23:44:53 BST 2008

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 13:29:31 -0500
"Lukasz Szybalski" <szybalski at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Michael Higgins wrote:
> >
> >> Hello list --
> >>
> >> The problem I've had is that none of the DRIVER definitions seem
> >> to get picked up in SQLDriverConnect via perl-dbi.
> >>
> >> I use DBD::ODBC to connect. Using a defined DSN works, but I want a
> >> distributable app.

[...]

> 3. Provide driver and tds version on a connection string in python.

Hmmm. I'm sure I did that.

> 4. In case this is helpful see:
> http://groups.google.com/group/sqlalchemy/browse_thread/thread/36fd2e935b165d70

Very informative thread.

Since dsn-less connect doesn't touch freetds.conf, would you mind
sharing the relevant bits of odbcinst.ini and odbc.ini? I found that my
setup apparently respects/needs only the setting in odbc.ini that
points to the driver library object directly, but fails when set up
with odbcinst.ini pointing to the driver library and odbc.ini
Driver= pointing to the entry in odbcinist.ini. Or fails whenever I
specify Driver={} in the connect().

I'm rebuilding the entire chain at the moment. Maybe some behavior will
change.

Cheers,

--
 |    |ichael  |   |iggins    \^ /