[unixODBC-support] unixODBC + iSeries Access ODBC Driver

Mirco Piccin pictux at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 16:40:54 BST 2008

Hi all,
apologize if  i'm not sending to the right ML..

I have an Ubuntu 8.04 server, with installed Lotus Domino Server rel.
7.0.3 FP01, unixODBC and  iSeries Access ODBC Driver (version 1.14).
In this server i run select and insert statement from Domino Server to AS/400.
Select statements work like a charm.
Insert statements not.

If there are some strange characters (like è) insert fail with this error:
[unixODBC][IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver]Error in assignment

Source and target fields are both varchar.
CCSID in target AS/400 is 280.
I try adding the same CCSID in odbc.ini and i set the right locale in
Ubuntu server (ita), but with no changes.

Any suggests/tips?

Regards