[unixODBC-support] unixODBC and PervasiveSQL

Franco Brusatti chinobrusatti at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Jul 13 22:48:56 BST 2008

Nick,

 Thanks for the help, you are very kind. The link you sent wasn't very helpful but anyway I rebuilt everything from scratch and 'voila' when I write :

  $ isql -v DEMODATA
| Connected!                                |
. . .

But now when I write a request sql I get the following
$ select * from Person
> [08S01][unixODBC][Pervasive][ODBC Client Interface][Client LNA]The ODBC Client Interface unpacking error. Re-start your application, then access the data source again. Contact your system administrator if you still need assistance.
> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLExecute

Did you see this error something? could you help me?

Just to record to somebody that could need help some time

 * I installed Pervasive.SQL-Client-10
 * I built the unixODBC
        ./configure
        make -LLIBDIR   (with LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/psql/lib) Is this right? I don't know if it's really needed
        sudo make install

 * sudo ln -s /usr/local/psql/etc/odbc.ini /etc/odbc.ini
 * isql -v DEMODATA

  #odbc.ini
[ODBC Data Sources]
DEMODATA= Pervasive ODBC Client Interface

[DEMODATA]
Driver=/usr/local/psql/lib/odbcci.so
Description=glow test DB
ServerDSN=DEMODATA
ServerName=192.168.3.51
Port=1583
UID=
PWD=
OpenMode=0

Well thank again, cheers
Franco Brusatti
---

Prefiero morir de pie, antes que vivir una vida agachado.
Ernesto Che Guevara

¡Buscá desde tu celular!

Yahoo! oneSEARCH ahora está en Claro

http://ar.mobile.yahoo.com/onesearch