[unixODBC-support] ISQL Buffer corruption under Solaris 10, SPARC 64

Romain GUINOT romain.guinot at atosorigin.com
Wed Jul 9 11:13:43 BST 2008

Romain GUINOT wrote:

>>>I can't think of a reason why it would do that. Things to try would be
>>> building isql without readline support to see if there is a problem
>>> there, and try the -s option to isql to increase the buffer size, but it
>>> should default to more that 255 characters.
>>

> I'll be checking this out now.. This was on my list of things to check.
> I'll let you know if it works better.
>
> Best Regards,

Hi,
I have just found out that the problem arises from Solaris's libc !
Just doing :

root at test2:[/opt/unixODBC-2.2.12/exe]# wc
select
'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa';
0       1       9

shows that the string is corrupted :(
Anyone aware of the problem ?