[unixODBC-support] ISQL Buffer corruption under Solaris 10, SPARC 64

Romain GUINOT romain.guinot at atosorigin.com
Tue Jul 8 17:35:51 BST 2008

Hi all,

I'm encountering what seems to be a bug either with unixODBC or Solaris
libraries.
I cannot execute queries longer than 255 characters. if i do, the first 255
characters are dropped and only the rest of the query remains, resulting in
errors...

I tried looking a the 2.2.12 code, but my C days are a bit old, and i can't
seem to find a reason why it fails...

I've added this section in my odbcinst.ini :
[ODBC]
Trace           = Yes
TraceFile               = /tmp/odbc-sql.log
ForceTrace              = Yes
Pooling         = No

to obtain a trace.

I can see that my query is already chopped when it comes trough SQLPrepare.c
in the driver manager :

[ODBC][13998][SQLPrepare.c][193]
		Entry:
			Statement = 387f8
			SQL = [s from  r_resc_main; ][length = 21 (SQL_NTS)]

if i execute a shorter query ,

[ODBC][13977][SQLPrepare.c][193]
		Entry:
			Statement = 387f8
			SQL = [select distinct r_resc_main.resc_id  ,r_resc_main.zone_name
,r_resc_main.resc_type_name ,r_resc_main.resc_class_name
,r_resc_mai...][length = 232 (SQL_NTS)]

it behaves correctly.

Do you have an idea what might cause the problem ?

my current isql binary is linked against libreadline.so.5 and libcurses.so.1
among others, and built with gcc 3.4 bundled with solaris 10.