[unixODBC-support] unixODBC and Informix

Don_Arnett at ned.uscourts.gov Don_Arnett at ned.uscourts.gov
Tue Jul 8 17:22:38 BST 2008

I've determined that even tho $ODBCINI is pointing to /etc/odbc.ini,
./isql is using /etc/unixODBC/odbc.ini.  Once I moved odbc.ini to
/etc/unixODBC, I got a different error.  Oddly, it appears to want the
odbcinst.ini in /etc/ rather than /etc/unixODBC.

After adding /opt/IBM/informix/lib/esql to ld.so.conf, the error is now:

[IM009][unixODBC][Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]Unable to load
translation shared library (DLL).
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

My odbc.ini file contains the line
"TRANSLATIONDLL=/opt/IBM/informix/lib/esql/igo4a304.so" and the permission
of the file are "755 informix informix".

I get the same error if I remove the TRANSLATIONDLL line from the odbc.ini
file.

Thanks

Don Arnett
Programmer/Analyst