[unixODBC-support] unixODBC and Informix

Don_Arnett at ned.uscourts.gov Don_Arnett at ned.uscourts.gov
Tue Jul 8 16:56:38 BST 2008

When I run "isql -v pactsecm" (whether run as root or myself), the error
is:

[IM002][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no
default driver specified
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

I verified that $ODBCINI is set to /etc/odbc.ini

The permissions on /etc/odbc.ini are "644 root root" and the contents are:

[pactsecm]
Driver=Informix
Server=pactsecm
Database=pactsecm_ne
CLIENT_LOCALE=en_us.8859-1
DB_LOCALE=en_us.8859-1
TRANSLATIONDLL=/opt/IBM/informix/lib/esql/igo4a304.so

We're using bash and I changed bash.bashrc.local to do 'export'.

The "[pactsecm]" in the odbc.ini file is the DSN, correct?

(isql --version returned "unixODBC 2.2.11")

Thanks

Don Arnett
Programmer/Analyst
U.S. Courts - District of Nebraska
don_arnett at ned.uscourts.gov
1-402-661-7394

Nick Gorham <nick.gorham at easysoft.com>
Sent by: unixodbc-support-bounces at easysoft.com
07/08/2008 03:11 AM
Please respond to
Support for the unixODBC project <unixodbc-support at easysoft.com>

Support for the unixODBC project <unixodbc-support at easysoft.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [unixODBC-support] unixODBC and Informix

Don_Arnett at ned.uscourts.gov wrote:

>I'm trying to use unixODBC to connect to a remote Informix server.  I've
>tried this before and gave up, eventually using PHP PDO to connect to
this
>Informix server.  I'd like to use unixODBC, so am trying again.  The
>machine I'm working on is not the one that uses the PHP PDF method.
>
>The machine I'm working on is newly loaded with Suse Linux Enterprise
>Server 10 (32-bit), with unixODBC installed via the SLES installation
>process.
>
>I'm following the documentation at:
>http://www.unixodbc.org/doc/informix.html.  Following are comments
related
>to each step in the instruction document:
>
>1- I have INFORMIXDIR set to /opt/IBM/informix (the location the Informix

>drivers are installed)
>
>2- I've added "informix       1526/tcp" to /etc/services.  "informix" is
>the service name that another system uses to access the desired Informix
>system via ODBC (via a Windows machine)
>
>3- The $INFORMIXDIR/etc/sqlhosts file contains the line "pactsecm
onsoctcp
>       pactsdb3.gtwy.dcn       1526".  This is the info used in the
>sqlhosts file on the machine that successfully connects via PHP PDO.
>
>4- ldconfig finds the library (  libifcli.so (libc6) =>
>/opt/IBM/informix/lib/cli/libifcli.so )
>
>5- ODBCINI is set to /etc/odbc.ini
>
>6- odbcinst.ini contains:
>[Informix]
>Description=Informix IDS 2000
>Driver=/opt/IBM/informix/lib/cli/libifcli.so
>APILevel=1
>ConnectFunctions=YYY
>DriverODBCVer=03.00
>FileUsage=0
>SQLLevel=1
>smProcessPerConnect=Y
>
>7- odbc.ini contains:
>[pactsecm]
>Driver=Informix
>Server=pactsecm
>Database=pactsecm_ne
>CLIENT_LOCALE=en_us.8859-1
>DB_LOCALE=en_us.8859-1
>TRANSLATIONDLL=/usr/local/informix/lib/esql/igo4a304.so
>
>8- when I try " ./isql pactsecm", I get the error "[ISQL]ERROR: Could not

>SQLConnect
>The only spaces in the to /etc/odbc*.ini files are in the Description
>field.
>

>Am I missing something?

Hi,

First thing to try, get the error from the connect (if any)

isql -v pactsecm