[unixODBC-support] unixODBC and Informix

Don_Arnett at ned.uscourts.gov Don_Arnett at ned.uscourts.gov
Mon Jul 7 20:34:27 BST 2008

I'm trying to use unixODBC to connect to a remote Informix server.  I've
tried this before and gave up, eventually using PHP PDO to connect to this
Informix server.  I'd like to use unixODBC, so am trying again.  The
machine I'm working on is not the one that uses the PHP PDF method.

The machine I'm working on is newly loaded with Suse Linux Enterprise
Server 10 (32-bit), with unixODBC installed via the SLES installation
process.

I'm following the documentation at:
http://www.unixodbc.org/doc/informix.html.  Following are comments related
to each step in the instruction document:

1- I have INFORMIXDIR set to /opt/IBM/informix (the location the Informix
drivers are installed)

2- I've added "informix       1526/tcp" to /etc/services.  "informix" is
the service name that another system uses to access the desired Informix
system via ODBC (via a Windows machine)

3- The $INFORMIXDIR/etc/sqlhosts file contains the line "pactsecm onsoctcp
       pactsdb3.gtwy.dcn       1526".  This is the info used in the
sqlhosts file on the machine that successfully connects via PHP PDO.

4- ldconfig finds the library (  libifcli.so (libc6) =>
/opt/IBM/informix/lib/cli/libifcli.so )

5- ODBCINI is set to /etc/odbc.ini

6- odbcinst.ini contains:
[Informix]
Description=Informix IDS 2000
Driver=/opt/IBM/informix/lib/cli/libifcli.so
APILevel=1
ConnectFunctions=YYY
DriverODBCVer=03.00
FileUsage=0
SQLLevel=1
smProcessPerConnect=Y

7- odbc.ini contains:
[pactsecm]
Driver=Informix
Server=pactsecm
Database=pactsecm_ne
CLIENT_LOCALE=en_us.8859-1
DB_LOCALE=en_us.8859-1
TRANSLATIONDLL=/usr/local/informix/lib/esql/igo4a304.so

8- when I try " ./isql pactsecm", I get the error "[ISQL]ERROR: Could not
SQLConnect
The only spaces in the to /etc/odbc*.ini files are in the Description
field.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Don Arnett