[unixODBC-support] Can only do a iusql as user root

Miguel Rentes miguel.rentes at efacec.pt
Mon Jul 7 16:51:35 BST 2008

Hi everyone!

I managed to correct the other problem I had when I wanted to use
SQLDriverConnect with a cgi that would be run in a web browser. It was
simple and the problem was in the cgi, it had nothing to do with the
SQLDriverConnect.

But now I have another problem in a differente linux server.

I installed unixODBC exactly as I did in the first server and installed
the odbcinst.ini and odbc.ini manually.

When I try to do a "iusql <DSN-Name> <user> <password> -v" as a user
different from root I get

[unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default
driver specified
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLDriverConnect

If I do the same command as user root I can in fact connect with no problem.

So, can you tell why I can't connect as a user different from root? Here
is my odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini:

/usr/local/etc/odbc.ini:

[test]
Application Attributes          = T
Attributes              = W
BatchAutocommitMode             = IfAllSuccessful
CloseCursor             = F
DisableDPM              = F
DisableMTS              = T
Driver          = ORACLE_ODBC_Driver_Linux_ora10g
DSN             = test
EXECSchemaOpt           =
EXECSyntax              = T
Failover                = T
FailoverDelay           = 10
FailoverRetryCount              = 10
FetchBufferSize         = 64000
ForceWCHAR              = F
Lobs            = T
Longs           = T
MetadataIdDefault               = F
QueryTimeout            = T
ResultSets              = T
ServerName              = test
SQLGetData extensions           = F
Translation DLL         =
Translation Option              = 0
UserID          = scatex

/usr/local/etc/odbcinst.ini

[ORACLE_ODBC_Driver_Linux_ora10g]
Description             = Oracle 10g R2 ODBC driver
Driver          = /home/oracle/oraHome1/lib/libsqora.so.10.1
Setup           =
FileUsage               =
CPTimeout               =
CPReuse         =
UsageCount              = 1

I need all the help I could get.. I just don't know what else I can do.
I already tried google but with no results.

Thanks in advance!

--
*Miguel Rentes*
/Software Engineer/