[unixODBC-support] Using unixODBC + TimesTen

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Tue Jan 29 15:16:27 GMT 2008

csepulveda at atichile.com wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'm a new user in this forum and I need your help in a problem with odbc.
>
> This is the situation:
>
> 1.  We have 2 linux machines with Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release
> 4 (Nahant Update 4) with timesten server version 7.0.3.  Machine A and
> Machine B.
>
> 2.  I tested local conection in Machine A and B with "isql" and it
> works ok.
>
> 3.  I try to connect from B to A and it does not work:
> $ isql -v dbtest1_malta
> [IM002][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no
> default driver specified
> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
>
> I don't known if odbc.ini file can't be found (I tested with many
> different paths) or the format is wrong.
>
> Can you help me, please?
>
> I attach:
>
> odbc.ini.A -> file odbc.ini machine A
> odbc.ini.B -> file odbc.ini machine B
> ttconnect.ini.B -> file sys.ttconnect.ini in machine B (from timesten
> source)
>
> Thank you so much.

The odbc.ini on B hasn't got a Driver= entry for the dbtest1_malta
entry. I would expect something like

[dbtest1_malta]
DRIVER=/opt/TimesTen/tt70/lib/libtten.so
TTC_SERVER=192.168.10.61
TTC_SERVER_DSN=dbtest1
TTC_TIMEOUT=300
UID=csepulve
PWD=csepulve

But thats just a guess, I don't have any experence of timesten.