[unixODBC-support] Using unixODBC + TimesTen

csepulveda at atichile.com csepulveda at atichile.com
Tue Jan 29 14:58:12 GMT 2008

Hello.

I'm a new user in this forum and I need your help in a problem with odbc.

This is the situation:

1.  We have 2 linux machines with Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4
(Nahant Update 4) with timesten server version 7.0.3.  Machine A and
Machine B.

2.  I tested local conection in Machine A and B with "isql" and it works ok.

3.  I try to connect from B to A and it does not work:
$ isql -v dbtest1_malta
[IM002][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no
default driver specified
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

I don't known if odbc.ini file can't be found (I tested with many
different paths) or the format is wrong.

Can you help me, please?

I attach:

odbc.ini.A -> file odbc.ini machine A
odbc.ini.B -> file odbc.ini machine B
ttconnect.ini.B -> file sys.ttconnect.ini in machine B (from timesten
source)

Thank you so much.