[unixODBC-support] SELECTing columns with data over 300 characters return blank

9 9 at slagboomscat.com
Sun Jan 20 23:47:00 GMT 2008

Hi all,

I'm running unixodbc 2.2.11 on CentOS 4, with both the mysql and freetds drivers, and DSNs to both MySQL and MSSQL databases.

When querying a MySQL or MSSQL database using isql, it appears that VARCHAR columns that contain data greater than 300 characters are being returned as null.

For example:
$echo "select textdescription from issues" | isql -b dsn user pass
| textdescription                                                          |

However, when the textdescription field has content of 300 characters or less, the content is displayed as expected.

I attempted isql with -m500 to allow for larger data content to be returned, but it didn't change the symptom.

Is there something that drives this limit tha