[unixODBC-support] Connect to Oracle

Bruno Gomes semog15 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 01:57:41 GMT 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 9:27 AM, Nick Gorham <nick.gorham at easysoft.com> wrote:

> Bruno Gomes wrote:
>
> >I'm trying to connect a local oracle data-base using php.
> >using: "isql LOCAL user pass" i can connect to my db, but when i make a
> >querie, i get the message:
> >[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLPrepare
> >
> >i think that can be my odbcinst.ini that is not good configured.
> >can someone tell me if this is the right configuration:
> >[Oracle]
> >Description     = Oracle Driver
> >Driver          = /usr/lib/odbc/libodbctxt.so
> >Setup           = /usr/lib/odbc/liboraodbcS.so
> >FileUsage       = 1
> >

> Err, no, thats using the text driver, you need to install a oracle driver.
>
> --
> Nick Gorham
> Easysoft Limited
> http://www.easysoft.com, http://www.unixODBC.org

in my directory /usr/lib/odbc$ i have:
libesoobS.so  libnn.so            libodbcminiS.so  libodbcpsqlS.so
liboplodbcS.so  libtdsodbc.so
libmimerS.so  libodbcdrvcfg1S.so  libodbcmyS.so    libodbctxt.so
liboraodbcS.so  libtdsS.so
libmyodbc.so  libodbcdrvcfg2S.so  libodbcnnS.so    libodbctxtS.so
libsapdbS.so

what should i use? :s

--
Bruno Gomes