[unixODBC-support] Support for batch insert

Ramin Javanbakht ramin at kitkut.com
Fri Jan 11 17:46:16 GMT 2008

Nick,

Thanks for your quick response. If I use arrays of parameters in ODBC world,
is it as efficient as JDBC batch where database server is contacted only
once to submit the batch info?
My understanding of JDBC batch mode is that the as long as the batch is
being built (statement.addBatch() is executed), the database server is not
used. Only when the statement.executeBatch() is called, the database server
is used and the batch info is submitted.
Assuming that is the right understanding, is that how arrays of parameters
work in ODBC world?

Thanks and Regards,
Ramin