[unixODBC-support] What's is the name of library equivalent to ODBC32.dll

Martin Evans martin.evans at easysoft.com
Thu Jan 10 09:00:51 GMT 2008

Andreas Thiele wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am totally new to the subject. I wrote a MS-Windows Application which
> directly uses ODBC32.dll. Now I try to port the program to Linux and
> installed unixODBC plus Easysoft Oracle ODBC driver. I simply don't know the
> name of the library equivalent to ODBC32.dll.
>
> Any hints are very much appreciated :)
>
> Andreas

libodbc.so is equivalent to odbc32.dll.

You will find the libraries you need in /usr/local/easysoft/unixODBC/lib
and the header files (e.g., sql.h etc) in
/usr/local/easysoft/unixODBC/include). You generally compile and link an
ODBC application with something like:

cc -I/usr/local/easysoft/unixODBC/include myapp.c -L
/usr/local/easysoft/unixODBC/lib -lodbc

See the C tutorials at the following link:
http://www.easysoft.com/developer/languages/c/index.html

and the unix ODBC page at:
http://www.easysoft.com/developer/interfaces/odbc/linux.html

Martin