[unixODBC-support] Problem with ODBCConfig connection between Base Oooffice 2.03 and Mysql on UBUNTU 7.10

Alessandro alex at mercurio.it
Thu Jan 3 14:10:42 GMT 2008

I used a dBase on mysql connected with Base of OpenOffice 2.03 on local
on Ubuntu 7.10.
May be during an upgrade something was filed and The ODBC connection
doesn't work.

On my command
alex at alex-laptop:~$ sudo ODBCConfig
[sudo] password for alex:
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 158
  Major opcode:  146
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 158
  Major opcode:  146
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device

a windows tell me :"Failed to execute SQLManageDataSources().
and after :"The Most likely for this is that the Qt Gui Plugin could not
be found or could not be loaded
Ensure that libodbcinstQ.* files are in yhe library search path. The
path can be altered by setting the LTDL_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable"

Until this advertising I install everything without problem and now I
can't go on...
Please could'you help me .... I'm not so expert
Thanks a lot
alex