[unixODBC-support] unixODBC + FreeTDS problems on Mac OS X

Thu Feb 7 08:35:16 GMT 2008

> dsn.  Is there a way to know for sure which directory unixODBC is
> looking for the ini files and the freetds.conf?

$ odbcinst -j
unixODBC 2.2.11
DRIVERS............: /etc/odbcinst.ini
SYSTEM DATA SOURCES: /etc/odbc.ini
USER DATA SOURCES..: /home/radman/.odbc.ini

unixODBC is not looking for freetds.conf, that's the FreeTDS drivers
job.

If you use FreeTDS solely through the ODBC driver I would recommend the
ODBC-only configuration where you do not need freetds.conf but configure
all FreeTDS parameters in odbc.ini:
http://www.freetds.org/userguide/odbcinionly.htm
http://www.freetds.org/userguide/odbcconnattr.htm#TAB.CONNECTION.ATTRIBU
TES