[unixODBC-support] unixODBC + FreeTDS problems on Mac OS X

Philip Ives pives at ivesdigital.com
Wed Feb 6 19:34:38 GMT 2008

Hello, Not sure where the problem is lying. I've got this all working
on CentOS but I had a few problems compiling FreeTDS (it compiles now,
just static issues, so i'm pretty sure they're fixed)  I can connect
to my MS SqlServer via Tsql /freeTDS so i think that side of the wall
is working.

The problem seems to be in loading the driver (not sure if it's the
driver itself or not)

Any ideas?

However, when I try to connect to the DB via isql , ultimately so i
can use my php app. I run into issues:

$:lib pives$ /usr/local/unixODBC/bin/isql -v LWLDB login_i_use
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _tds_alloc_context
   Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so
   Expected in: flat namespace

dyld: Symbol not found: _tds_alloc_context
   Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so
   Expected in: flat namespace

Trace/BPT trap

Configs i used when making freeTDS
Compile-time settings (established with the "configure" script):
                            Version: freetds v0.64
     MS db-lib source compatibility: no
        Sybase binary compatibility: unknown
                      Thread safety: yes