[unixODBC-support] Makefile error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

Joe Bob reg at breakthroughdata.com
Thu Dec 18 04:46:27 GMT 2008

Nick Gorham-2 wrote:

> Joe Bob wrote:
>
>>I am working on a Sun platform.
>>When I run make, I receive the following:
>>

> What was the output from running configure?
>
> --
> Nick

Here is the output when I run configure.

./configure -enable-gui=no
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /gers/train/opt/path/install -c
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gawk... (cached) gawk
checking for bison... no
checking for byacc... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for flex... no
checking for lex... lex
checking lex output file root... lex.yy
checking lex library... -ll
checking whether yytext is a pointer... no
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /gers/train/opt/path/install -c
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /usr/xpg4/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /usr/xpg4/bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... no
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking sys/sem.h usability... yes
checking sys/sem.h presence... yes
checking for sys/sem.h... yes
checking Have we enabled using RTLD_GROUP ... yes
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /usr/xpg4/bin/sed
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/ccs/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) is GNU ld... no
checking for /usr/ccs/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/ccs/bin/nm -p
checking how to recognise dependent libraries... pass_all
checking dlfcn.h usability... yes
checking dlfcn.h presence... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for g77... no
checking for xlf... no
checking for f77... no
checking for frt... no
checking for pgf77... no
checking for cf77... no
checking for fort77... no
checking for fl32... no
checking for af77... no
checking for xlf90... no
checking for f90... no
checking for pgf90... no
checking for pghpf... no
checking for epcf90... no
checking for gfortran... no
checking for g95... no
checking for xlf95... no
checking for f95... no
checking for fort... no
checking for ifort... no
checking for ifc... no
checking for efc... no
checking for pgf95... no
checking for lf95... no
checking for ftn... no
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... no
checking whether  accepts -g... no
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 262144
checking command to parse /usr/ccs/bin/nm -p output from gcc object... ok
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for ar... ar
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking if gcc static flag  works... yes
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) supports shared
libraries... y
es
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... solaris2.8 ld.so
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... no
checking for shl_load... no
checking for shl_load in -ldld... no
checking for dlopen... no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking whether a program can dlopen itself... yes
checking whether a statically linked program can dlopen itself... yes
checking whether to build static libraries... no
configure: creating libtool
appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool
appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
checking if we are using the included libltdl ... yes
checking for shared lib extension... .so
checking for iconv... yes
checking for iconv declaration...
         extern size_t iconv (iconv_t cd, const char * *inbuf, size_t
*inbytesle
ft, char * *outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft);
checking for encoding to use for CHAR representations ... auto-search
checking for encoding to use for UNICODE representations ... auto-search
checking for crypt in -lcrypt... yes
checking for pow in -lm... yes
checking for readline in -lreadline ... no
checking for readline in -lreadline -lcurses ... no
checking Are we using ini caching ... yes
checking Are we using flex ... no - text driver disabled
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking sys/time.h usability... yes
checking sys/time.h presence... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking for long... yes
checking size of long... 4
checking if platform is 64 bit... No
checking for long long... yes
checking for long int... yes
checking size of long int... 4
checking for strcasecmp... yes
checking for strncasecmp... yes
checking for vsnprintf... yes
checking for strtol... yes
checking for atoll... yes
checking for strtoll... yes
checking for endpwent... yes
checking for gettimeofday... yes
checking for ftime... yes
checking for time... yes
checking for stricmp... no
checking for strnicmp... no
checking for mutex_lock in -lthread ... yes
checking if compiler accepts -mt... no
checking for localtime_r in -lc... yes
checking for ftok... yes
checking for semget... yes
checking for shmget... yes
checking for semop... yes
checking for snprintf... yes
checking for semundo union... yes
checking for socket in -lsocket... yes
checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... yes
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking malloc.h usability... yes
checking malloc.h presence... yes
checking for malloc.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking pwd.h usability... yes
checking pwd.h presence... yes
checking for pwd.h... yes
checking crypt.h usability... yes
checking crypt.h presence... yes
checking for crypt.h... yes
checking limits.h usability... yes
checking limits.h presence... yes
checking for limits.h... yes
checking synch.h usability... yes
checking synch.h presence... yes
checking for synch.h... yes
checking for strings.h... (cached) yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking locale.h usability... yes
checking locale.h presence... yes
checking for locale.h... yes
checking sys/malloc.h usability... no
checking sys/malloc.h presence... no
checking for sys/malloc.h... no
checking for sys/types.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/sem.h... (cached) yes
checking stdarg.h usability... yes
checking stdarg.h presence... yes
checking for stdarg.h... yes
checking varargs.h usability... no
checking varargs.h presence... no
checking for varargs.h... no
checking for sys/time.h... (cached) yes
checking sys/timeb.h usability... yes
checking sys/timeb.h presence... yes
checking for sys/timeb.h... yes
checking time.h usability... yes
checking time.h presence... yes
checking for time.h... yes
checking msql.h usability... no
checking msql.h presence... no
checking for msql.h... no
checking for size_t... yes
checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
checking for uid_t in sys/types.h... yes
checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yes
checking for library containing opendir... none required
checking for working alloca.h... yes
checking for alloca... yes
checking for vprintf... yes
checking for _doprnt... yes
checking for putenv... yes
checking for socket... no
checking for strdup... yes
checking for strstr... yes
checking for setenv... no
checking for setlocale... yes
checking for strchr... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating extras/Makefile
config.status: creating log/Makefile
config.status: creating lst/Makefile
config.status: creating ini/Makefile
config.status: creating odbcinst/Makefile
config.status: creating cur/Makefile
config.status: creating DriverManager/Makefile
config.status: creating odbcinstQ/Makefile
config.status: creating odbcinstQ4/Makefile
config.status: creating exe/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/drvcfg1/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/drvcfg2/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/PostgreSQL/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/MiniSQL/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/MySQL/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/nn/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/esoob/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/oplodbc/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/template/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/tds/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/txt/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/Oracle/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/sapdb/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/Mimer/Makefile
config.status: creating Drivers/Makefile
config.status: creating Drivers/PostgreSQL/Makefile
config.status: creating Drivers/Postgre7.1/Makefile
config.status: creating Drivers/nn/Makefile
config.status: creating Drivers/odbc/Makefile
config.status: creating Drivers/template/Makefile
config.status: creating Drivers/MiniSQL/Makefile
config.status: creating include/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/AdministratorManual/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/ProgrammerManual/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/ProgrammerManual/Tutorial/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/UserManual/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/lst/Makefile
config.status: creating DataManager/Makefile
config.status: creating DataManagerII/Makefile
config.status: creating ODBCConfig/Makefile
config.status: creating odbctest/Makefile
config.status: creating autotest/Makefile
config.status: creating samples/Makefile
=== configuring in libltdl
(/gers/train/adhoc/kdk/uodbc/unixODBC-2.2.14/libltdl)
configure: running /bin/bash ./configure '--prefix=/usr/local'
'-enable-gui=no'
 '--enable-ltdl-convenience' --cache-file=/dev/null --srcdir=.
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /gers/train/opt/path/install -c
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of gcc... none
checking for inline... inline
[...]
checking for g++... no
checking for c++... no
checking for gpp... no
checking for aCC... no
checking for CC... no
checking for cxx... no
checking for cc++... no
checking for cl.exe... no
checking for FCC... no
checking for KCC... no
checking for RCC... no
checking for xlC_r... no
checking for xlC... no
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
checking whether g++ accepts -g... no
checking dependency style of g++... none
[...]
checking which extension is used for loadable modules... .so
checking which variable specifies run-time library path... LD_LIBRARY_PATH
checking for the default library search path... /lib /usr/lib
checking for objdir... .libs
checking whether libtool supports -dlopen/-dlpreopen... yes
checking for shl_load... no
checking for shl_load in -ldld... no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking for dlerror... yes
checking for _ prefix in compiled symbols... no
checking whether deplibs are loaded by dlopen... yes
checking argz.h usability... no
checking argz.h presence... no
checking for argz.h... no
checking for error_t... no