[unixODBC-support] [NewBee] ODBC Optimization

Siddeswar Reddy siddeswar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 11:00:06 GMT 2008

Hi Nick,
        thanks for the quick reply. I dont have the sample code with me
right now. I will share it with you as soon as possible. I have used the
following functions in my sample code.

SQLAllocHandle
SQLPrepare
SQLExecute
SQLExecDirect

 SQLPrepare, SQLExecute functions are used when executing the same query
multiple times.

For example insertion or updation of multiple records.

I have also used transaction when dealing with multiple records

SQLExecDirect function is used to execute a query single time.

I am actually looking at optimizing the odbc driver for SQLite and driver
manager where ever possible to improve the performance rather than
optimizing the aplication (assuming that the application is optmized).

regards,
Siddeswar.