[unixODBC-support] [NewBee] ODBC Optimization

Siddeswar Reddy siddeswar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 09:41:12 GMT 2008

Hi Every One,
              I am new to programming with unixODBC. I have written a sample
application for SQLite3 (using SQLite3 native API's) and ODBC (using ODBC
API's, I have used the ODBC driver for SQLite3) to test their performance.
It is found that the performance results of ODBC is far less than the
SQLite3. I understand that we cannot expect ODBC performance to be same as
that of SQLite3 due to the fact that more functions are invoked by Sample
application to acces the data source and work on it. I am looking at
optimizing the ODBC Driver Manager and also the ODBC Driver for SQLite3 so
as to bring the ODBC performance to comparable levels with SQLite3 (using
native API's).

I am using the following versions for this experiment

unixODBC-2.1.12
sqlite3odbc-0.78

The Sample application creates a table and inserts entries into it, updates
few entries, query records, delete the records. It does the same job with
both ODBC and SQLite3.

 I am looking for some help in this regard..........

regards,
Siddeswar.