[unixODBC-support] unixodbc to iseries access

Bryan Irvine sparctacus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 17:52:07 BST 2008

I've a client that needs to attach an ubuntu linux box to an as/400
running db2.  I've never used db2 or unixodbc and so I'm having
trouble trying to set up the odbc.ini file.

Googling has turned up a lot of results of people doing similar but
having charset problems etc...nothing really specific to me.

Does anyone have pointers as to how to configure this?  I've looked at
the configuration gui but that's not an option as it's a remote
install.

TIA

-Bryan

p.s. sorry if this is a dumb question and found all over the place in
the archives.  BUT if it is there I couldn't find it. ;)