[unixODBC-support] Help with UnixODBC 2.2.11

Ravichandran Rajagopal ravi at vaishnavy.com
Tue Sep 25 19:39:56 BST 2007

I have spent dozens of days trying to resolve a mystery and I haven't
been able to and hence this email to you hoping that I can get the
issue resolved by your help real quickly.

My partner had installed unixODBC 2.2.9 earlier and we tried to get
that to work and it didn't, then I came up with this brilliant idea of
installing unixODBC 2.2.11.  I don't think the uninstall (version
2.2.9) of the same was done correctly.

Whenever I type odbcinst –j from the command line it gives me the following:

[root at localhost etc]# odbcinst -j
unixODBC 2.2.9
DRIVERS............: /etc/odbcinst.ini
SYSTEM DATA SOURCES: /etc/odbc.ini
USER DATA SOURCES..: /root/.odbc.ini

However if I go to /usr/local/odbc/bin (where I had installed unixodbc
2.2.11 installed) and issue the following it gives me the following:

[root at localhost bin]# ./odbcinst -j
unixODBC 2.2.11
DRIVERS............: /etc/odbcinst.ini
SYSTEM DATA SOURCES: /etc/odbc.ini
USER DATA SOURCES..: /root/.odbc.ini

Question #1: How do I uninstall unixodbc 2.2.9 form my server ?

When I try to get to isql from where unixODBC-2.2.11 is installed
(/usr/local/odbc/bin) and execute the following:

[root at localhost bin]# ./isql -v cdr2 tuser tuser
[IM004][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Driver's SQLAllocHandle on
SQL_HANDLE_HENV failed
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Question #2: How do I eliminate the above given error? Rather what is
the mistake in the above which I need to resolve I am running Fedora
Core-2 on my server.

Thanks and Regards
Ravi Rajagopal