[unixODBC-support] Anyone know why odbcinst won't uninstall asystem dsn?

Wed Sep 19 09:09:59 BST 2007

> > odbcinst: DSN removed (if it existed at all). ODBC_BOTH_DSN

The message "DSN removed" is misleading. The return status isn't correct
either.

If you don't have write permission to your "SYSTEM DATA SOURCES" file
(see odbcinst -j) it will not remove the system data source even though
it tells you it does.

Stefan