[unixODBC-support] Forcing ISQL to use ODBC3 connection

Abhishek Srivastava abhishek_srivastava at persistent.co.in
Mon Sep 10 12:13:27 BST 2007

How can I build unixODBC from cvs? I have taken a checkout of the source
from cvs, I get following error while I run < make -f Makefile.cvs>:

*** Retrieving configure tests needed by configure.in
configure.in:173: warning: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
*** Building Makefile templates (step one)
DRVConfig/Mimer/Makefile.am:1: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is
undefined
DRVConfig/Mimer/Makefile.am:1:   The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add
`AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
DRVConfig/Mimer/Makefile.am:1:   to `configure.in' and run `aclocal' and
`autoconf' again.
DRVConfig/Mimer/Makefile.am:1:   If `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' is in `configure.in',
make sure
DRVConfig/Mimer/Makefile.am:1:   its definition is in aclocal's search path.
DRVConfig/MiniSQL/Makefile.am:1: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is
undefined
DRVConfig/MiniSQL/Makefile.am:1:   The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to
add `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
DRVConfig/MiniSQL/Makefile.am:1:   to `configure.in' and run `aclocal' and
`autoconf' again.
DRVConfig/MiniSQL/Makefile.am:1:   If `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' is in
`configure.in', make sure
DRVConfig/MiniSQL/Makefile.am:1:   its definition is in aclocal's search
path.
DRVConfig/MySQL/Makefile.am:1: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is
undefined
DRVConfig/MySQL/Makefile.am:1:   The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add
`AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
DRVConfig/MySQL/Makefile.am:1:   to `configure.in' and run `aclocal' and
`autoconf' again.
DRVConfig/MySQL/Makefile.am:1:   If `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' is in `configure.in',
make sure
DRVConfig/MySQL/Makefile.am:1:   its definition is in aclocal's search path.

Thanks,
Abhishek