[unixODBC-support] Error while connecting through Postgres driverbuilt on Solaris Sparc 64 bit

Abhishek Srivastava abhishek_srivastava at persistent.co.in
Mon Sep 3 10:18:08 BST 2007

Hi,
I can connect to postgres server through postgres ODBC driver that comes
with unixODBC.
When I try connecting through Postgre ODBC driver 8.2.4 built on solaris
Sparc -64, there is some connection request going to server, that I can read
from console output of server:
Here is the output on console of Postgres db:
****
bash-3.00$ DEBUG:  forked new backend, pid=15856 socket=7

LOG:  connection received: host=127.0.0.1 port=34774
LOG:  incomplete startup packet
DEBUG:  proc_exit(0)
DEBUG:  shmem_exit(0)
DEBUG:  exit(0)
DEBUG:  reaping dead processes
DEBUG:  server process (PID 15856) exited with exit code 0
==================
I read somewhere that there was similar issue with DB2 and there was some
fix done in unixODBC, here is the snip from changelog:
* Allow decoupling of SQLHANDLES between application and driver, there is
          a 64bit DB2 where the driver handles are int's but unixODBC uses
void *.
          There is a define for DRV_SQLHANDLE in
DriverManager/drivermanager.h that
          allows this choice at build time
I guess similar thing needs to be done here too..

I will try dlopen anyway and let u know.

Thanks,
Abhishek