[unixODBC-support] odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini issues

Stein, Howard Howard.Stein at fmr.com
Mon Oct 8 21:32:34 BST 2007

I've only used unixODBC with Solaris and Oracle but perhaps the
following which apply in that environment might be of use to you.

If your version of unixODBC is recent enough, you can use odbcinst -j to
verify what odbc.ini and what odbcinst.ini file you are using.

If the locations reported by odbcinst -j is not what you thought, you
can override them by setting the following environment variables.
ODBCINI=/my/path/odbc.ini and ODBCSYSINI=/my/path.