[unixODBC-support] Memory leaks in sql calls

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Tue Oct 2 18:22:35 BST 2007

Song, Cavin wrote:

>I'm using an old version of unixobdc and odbc++ and I'm wondering if the
>leak problem(s) has been fixed in the lastest verison of unixobdc and
>odbc++. The database is Sybase and the 'dmtest' program (not sure if
>this helps) shows:

Hi,

well I can only speak for unixODBC, AFAIK, there are no leaks of this
sort in the driver manager now, there may have been in the past, but I
don;t think so. Most leaks that may have been there are around reusing
connections, not just running queries.

Try using valgrind to see where the leaks are allocated.