[unixODBC-support] Mistery failure

Tue Oct 2 12:39:31 BST 2007

Try this replacing "Servername" with "Server" and adding "TDS_Version"
in your odbc.ini.

Stefan
________________________________

	From: unixodbc-support-bounces at easysoft.com
[mailto:unixodbc-support-bounces at easysoft.com] On Behalf Of Federico
Alves
	Sent: Tuesday, 02 October, 2007 11:46
	To: unixodbc-support at easysoft.com
	Subject: [unixODBC-support] Mistery failure

	I have freetds 0.64 and UnixODBC latest from Redhat

	Tsql works fine against SQL 2005. I also have the servername in
odbc.ini also in freetds.conf

	I also compiled freetds having installed unixODBC-devel first.

	(freetds.conf)

	[minixel]

	        host = minixel

	        port = 1433

	        tds version = 8.0

	(odbc.ini)

	[mssql]

	Driver          = FreeTDS

	Description             = Sybase JDBC Server

	Trace           = Yes

	Servername              = minixel

	Port    =1433

	Database                = minixel

	But when I try to use isql mssql user pwd

	[ODBC][27005][__handles.c][444]

	                Exit:[SQL_SUCCESS]

	                        Environment = 0x9efcb58

	[ODBC][27005][SQLAllocHandle.c][345]

	                Entry:

	                        Handle Type = 2

	                        Input Handle = 0x9efcb58

	[ODBC][27005][SQLAllocHandle.c][463]

	                Exit:[SQL_SUCCESS]

	                        Output Handle = 0x9efd130

	[ODBC][27005][SQLConnect.c][3549]

	                Entry:

	                        Connection = 0x9efd130

	                        Server Name = [mssql][length = 5
(SQL_NTS)]

	                        User Name = [minixel][length = 7
(SQL_NTS)]

	                        Authentication = [******][length = 6
(SQL_NTS)]

	                UNICODE Using encoding ASCII 'ISO8859-1' and
UNICODE 'UCS-2LE'

	                DIAG [S1000] [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to
connect to data source

	[ODBC][27005][SQLConnect.c][3917]

	                Exit:[SQL_ERROR]

	[ODBC][27005][SQLError.c][424]