[unixODBC-support] Mistery failure

Federico Alves sales at minixel.com
Tue Oct 2 10:45:57 BST 2007

I have freetds 0.64 and UnixODBC latest from Redhat

Tsql works fine against SQL 2005. I also have the servername in odbc.ini
also in freetds.conf

I also compiled freetds having installed unixODBC-devel first.

(freetds.conf)

[minixel]

        host = minixel

        port = 1433

        tds version = 8.0

(odbc.ini)

[mssql]

Driver          = FreeTDS

Description             = Sybase JDBC Server

Trace           = Yes

Servername              = minixel

Port    =1433

Database                = minixel

But when I try to use isql mssql user pwd

[ODBC][27005][__handles.c][444]

                Exit:[SQL_SUCCESS]

                        Environment = 0x9efcb58

[ODBC][27005][SQLAllocHandle.c][345]

                Entry:

                        Handle Type = 2

                        Input Handle = 0x9efcb58

[ODBC][27005][SQLAllocHandle.c][463]

                Exit:[SQL_SUCCESS]

                        Output Handle = 0x9efd130

[ODBC][27005][SQLConnect.c][3549]

                Entry:

                        Connection = 0x9efd130

                        Server Name = [mssql][length = 5 (SQL_NTS)]

                        User Name = [minixel][length = 7 (SQL_NTS)]

                        Authentication = [******][length = 6 (SQL_NTS)]

                UNICODE Using encoding ASCII 'ISO8859-1' and UNICODE
'UCS-2LE'

                DIAG [S1000] [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data
source

[ODBC][27005][SQLConnect.c][3917]

                Exit:[SQL_ERROR]

[ODBC][27005][SQLError.c][424]