[unixODBC-support] core dump in libodbccr.so on HP iA64

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Tue Nov 13 11:35:48 GMT 2007

Cherie Soleil wrote:

>Yes,I build it by myself. Is there anything I need to pay attention to
>when I build my own 64 bit unixodbc ?

It all depends on if the driver you are using expects SQLLEN to be a 32
or 64 bit quantity.

Originally Microsoft used 32 bits even for 64 bit versions. So the
unixODBC default was to do the same. However its not changed to 64, so
in 2.2.13 I will change the default (I expect a lot of headaches when
thats released). So if you built using the defaults in 2.2.12 it will be
32 bit, so the conflict I have seen in the cursor lib shouldn't be a
problem. But it may be that the driver (or maybe one of them) is
expecting 64 bit.