[unixODBC-support] Solaris Package

Iwashita, Hirofumi Hirofumi.Iwashita at ca.com
Fri Nov 9 01:54:25 GMT 2007

Hi support,

I would like to use text driver on Solaris environment but the package
for Solaris 8 and 9 does not contain the libodbctxt.so library.
So I got unixODBC-2.2.12 souce tar ball and was able to make the
libodbctxt.so.
But when I use isql command the following error occurs.

bash-2.05# isql -v CSV
ld.so.1: isql: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/local/lib/libodbctxt.so.1: symbol alphasort: referenced symbol not
found

The alpasort function included libucb.so library specify in
LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

The odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini in /usr/local/etc directory are follows.
(odbc.ini)
[CSV]
Description             = Text File
Driver          = TEXTDriver
Directory               = /home/iwahi01/csv
ReadOnly                = No
CaseSensitive           = Yes
Catalog         = No
ColumnSeperator         = ,

[TEXTDriver]
Driver  =       /usr/local/lib/libodbctxt.so
Setup   =       /usr/local/lib/libodbctxtS.so
TraceFile       =       /tmp/sql.log
Trace   =       No

I need your support.

Sincerely yours,