[unixODBC-support] Core dump issue from UnixODBC on AIX platform

Hassan Shaik hshaik at arcot.com
Mon Nov 5 15:02:51 GMT 2007

Hi Nick,

We are using DB2 ODBC driver. Looks like, it is thread-safe;
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/dzichelp/v2r2/index.jsp?topic=/
com.ibm.db29.doc.odbc/db2z_lethrd.htm

Following are the contents of odbcinst.ini file.

[DB2]
Description=DB2 ODBC Driver
Driver=cd /home/db2inst3/sqllib/lib/libdb2.so
Fileusage=1
Dontdlclose=1

[ODBC]
Trace=No
Tracefile=/opt/odbc/logs/odbc_trc.log

So, default value for Threading level is 3, right? Do you recommend
adding "Threading = 0" in this file?

Interesting thing is, when I turn on trace logging, we couldn't see core
dump for 2 days (because of delay introduced?).

Thanks
Hassan