[unixODBC-support] Core dump issue from UnixODBC on AIX platform
hshaik at arcot.com
Mon Nov 5 14:34:52 GMT 2007
Thanks for your quick response.
1. Can you please point me to the ftp location from where I can download
UnixODBC 2.2.13pre? When it will be released officially?
2. I have gone through some of the discussions in easysoft support email
aliases. In one thread, its recommended to set "Threading = 0" in
odbcinst.ini file. I have gone through the below notes in __handles.c
file. Can you please more elaborate on when to use these levels? Does
trying "Threading = 0" will help? Pls clarify.
* use just one mutex for all the lists, this avoids any issues
* with deadlocks, the performance issue should be minimal, if it
* turns out to be a problem, we can readdress this
* We also have a mutex to protect the connection pooling code
* If compiled with thread support the DM allows four different
* thread strategies
* Level 0 - Only the DM internal structures are protected
* the driver is assumed to take care of it's self
* Level 1 - The driver is protected down to the statement level
* each statement will be protected, and the same for the connect
* level for connect functions, note that descriptors are considered
* equal to statements when it comes to thread protection.
* Level 2 - The driver is protected at the connection level. only
* one thread can be in a particular driver at one time
* Level 3 - The driver is protected at the env level, only one thing
* at a time.
* By default the driver open connections with a lock level of 3,
* this can be changed by adding the line
* Threading = N
* to the driver entry in odbcinst.ini, where N is the locking level
Appreciate your help on this.
From: unixodbc-support-bounces at easysoft.com
[mailto:unixodbc-support-bounces at easysoft.com] On Behalf Of Nick Gorham
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2007 7:23 PM
To: Support for the unixODBC project
Subject: Re: [unixODBC-support] Core dump issue from UnixODBC on AIX
Hassan Shaik wrote:
>Hi UnixODBC experts,
>Need your urgent help on this !!!
>We are using UnixODBC version 2.2.12 on AIX 5.2 platform.
Maybe worth trying the 2.2.13pre from the ftp site first, if you still
have the problem, send me as much as you have that will let me reproduce
the problem and I will see what I can do.
unixODBC-support mailing list
unixODBC-support at easysoft.com
More information about the unixODBC-support