[unixODBC-support] Able to authenticate but anable to retrieve/add data from/to db

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Wed May 2 22:13:40 BST 2007

Ryan Churches wrote:

> I was able to configure my Gupta SQLBase 9.01 driver to authenticate
> with a Centura SQLBase 7.6 DB, unfortunately I seem unable to retrieve
> or add information from/to the db.  I suspect my problem is driver
> compatibility, and I’m actively trying to hunt down a linux driver for
> SQLBase when it was in version 7.6 (and called centura rather than
> gupta).  Nonetheless, I was hoping someone could verify that this in
> fact my problem.
>

> Here’s a quick example problem as it manifests on the CLI…
>

> bmy / # isql -v gupta1 newengland  clamchowda
>
> +---------------------------------------+
>
> | Connected!                            |
>
> |                                       |

> | sql-statement                         |
>
> | help [tablename]                      |
>
> | quit                                  |
>
> |                                       |

> +---------------------------------------+
>
> SQL> select * from active_inv;
>
> [37000][unixODBC][Gupta][ODBC Driver][SQLBase]00909 PRS INC Invalid
> character
>
> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLPrepare
>

> SQL> select * from active_inv
>
> [S0002][unixODBC][Gupta][ODBC Driver][SQLBase]00601 DIC ITN Table
> ACTIVE_INV has not been created
>
> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLPrepare
>

> SQL> CREATE TABLE foo (bar1 int, bar2 int)
>
> [S1000][unixODBC][Gupta][ODBC Driver][SQLBase]00328 EXE NRE No
> resource authority
>
> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLExecute
>

> …interestingly, I cannot separate my create table statement onto
> several lines because Carriage Return always executes the line, or at
> an empty prompt Carriage Return will exit isql.

yep, thats just the way isql is, you can change it, its just a sample
app to check the setup.

> Based on my conversations with my software provider, I have the right
> db, the right credentials, and the right permissions to do this, and
> the “active_inv” table does in fact exist.  From here it looks to be
> the opposite.
>

> Here is the sq log dump from the create command that failed…

Well, its clear that the driver has problems, as it seg fault swhen the
suer and password are not provided. That can't be a sign of a totally
healthy driver IMHO. Did the "commercial" people have any views on that?

> I don’t think my software people are lying to me, but I wanted a
> second opinion from you guys.  Does this look like a driver
> incompatibility, or are my software people sending me on a goose chase
> because they don’t know what they are talking about?

Its not a driver incompatibility, I think its just plain not working.

I would ask them exactly what that error message means "00328 EXE NRE No
resource authority"