[unixODBC-support] unixODBC problem in HP-UX IA64

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Thu Mar 15 09:39:05 GMT 2007

Ho Fook Chua wrote:

> Hi,
>    Yes, I'm using 32 bit unixODBC.
>
> ls -l /usr/local/unixODBC/lib/libodbc.so
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root       sys             14 Mar 12 21:19
> /usr/local/unixODBC/lib/libodbc.so -> libodbc.so.1.0
>
>>> ls -l /usr/local/unixODBC/lib/libodbc.so.1.0
>>
> -r-xr-xr-x   1 root       sys        1575236 Mar 12 21:19
> /usr/local/unixODBC/lib/libodbc.so.1.0
>
>    It work fine with isql as below :

Ok, but that doesn't show its 32 bit, it just shows the file exists,
file will show what it is, thats why I suggested using it.

Anyway, if isql is working, then the driver manager and the driver is
working fine, I would check your copy of MF, see if thats also 32 bit.
Other than that, I think that maybe the next question should be to
Merant (I think they still do MF, I know it was checked with unixODBC
some years ago and all seemed fine, but that was before ia64 was about).

Maybe have a look in /opt/microfocus/cobol/lib (with ls) and see what
type of files are there (with file).