[unixODBC-support] unixODBC problem in HP-UX IA64

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Thu Mar 15 07:56:03 GMT 2007

Ho Fook Chua wrote:

> Hi,
>     I'm new to unixODBC, I'm getting problem using this with my Server
> Express 4.0 SP2 (MF-COBOL using OpenESQL) and my database is DB2 WSE
> version 9, every thing work fine in IBM AIX 5.2 but when porting over
> to HP-UX IA64, I'm getting below error :
>
> OpenESQL Error: Unable to load ODBC Driver/Driver Manager. Ensure that
> your
> database environment is set correctly.
> SQLCODE  : -0000010000
> SQLSTATE : IM001
>
>     I've check all my environment, seem okay, appreciate if anyone can
> tell me what is the problem? How to trouble shoot this problem?
>

> Thank you very much.
>
> Regards,
> fcho

Make sure you have the correct combination of 32 and 64 bit libs, is the
app the same as the driver manager

Make sure your librray path is set to find any additional libs that are
needed.

Ask the makers of your app what the error means, it may be it needs sone
environment variables set that are not.