[unixODBC-support] connection issue

magic hat magic_hat60622 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 9 00:35:47 GMT 2007

Hi all. I'm working thru my first attempt using unixODBC. I'm connecting to a SQLServer db, and things are working fine with the tsql commands.

However, when I try isql, I get: Unable to connect / Login incorrect / Read from SQL  server failed.

I'm using the same credentials that were successful with tsql, and so I'm not sure what's going on here.

Here's my log file, which I'm having some difficulty  deciphering. Any help/suggestions much appreciated.

-Geoff

[ODBC][18393][__handles.c][444]
        Exit:[SQL_SUCCESS]
            Environment = 0x804f338
[ODBC][18393][SQLAllocHandle.c][345]
        Entry:
            Handle Type = 2
            Input Handle =  0x804f338
[ODBC][18393][SQLAllocHandle.c][463]
        Exit:[SQL_SUCCESS]
            Output Handle = 0x804f910
[ODBC][18393][SQLConnect.c][3549]
        Entry:
            Connection = 0x804f910
            Server Name = [COSTUME][length = 7 (SQL_NTS)]
            User Name = [gangoffour][length = 10 (SQL_NTS)]
            Authentication = [*******][length = 7 (SQL_NTS)]
         UNICODE Using encoding ASCII 'ISO8859-1' and UNICODE 'UCS-2LE'

        DIAG [08S01] [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Read from SQL server failed.

        DIAG [28000] [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Login incorrect.

        DIAG [S1000] [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source

[ODBC][18393][SQLConnect.c][3917]
        Exit:[SQL_ERROR]
[ODBC][18393][SQLError.c][424]
        Entry:
            Connection = 0x804f910
            SQLState =  0xbfffd760
            Native = 0xbfffd758
            Message Text = 0xbfffd770
            Buffer Length = 500
            Text Len Ptr = 0xbfffd75e
[ODBC][18393][SQLError.c][461]
        Exit:[SQL_SUCCESS]
            SQLState =  S1000
            Native = 0xbfffd758 -> 0
            Message Text = [[unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source]
[ODBC][18393][SQLError.c][424]
        Entry:
            Connection = 0x804f910
            SQLState = 0xbfffd760
            Native = 0xbfffd758
            Message Text = 0xbfffd770
            Buffer Length = 500
            Text Len Ptr = 0xbfffd75e
[ODBC][18393][SQLError.c][461]
        Exit:[SQL_SUCCESS]
            SQLState =  28000
            Native = 0xbfffd758 -> 20014
            Message Text = [[unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Login incorrect.]
[ODBC][18393][SQLError.c][424]
        Entry:
            Connection = 0x804f910
            SQLState = 0xbfffd760
            Native = 0xbfffd758
            Message Text = 0xbfffd770
            Buffer Length = 500
            Text Len Ptr = 0xbfffd75e
[ODBC][18393][SQLError.c][461]
        Exit:[SQL_SUCCESS]
            SQLState =  08S01
            Native = 0xbfffd758 -> 20004
            Message Text = [[unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Read from SQL server failed.]
[ODBC][18393][SQLError.c][424]
        Entry:
            Connection = 0x804f910
            SQLState = 0xbfffd760