[unixODBC-support] RE: RE: Repost - Install questions

Stein, Howard Howard.Stein at FMR.COM
Thu Jun 21 13:58:34 BST 2007

> Ok, thats fine, I just said how WE build it :-)

Yes, I'm not saying there way is right or wrong but I have to give it a
try.  The other thing is, regardless of whether it's used or not, the
LDFLAGS not getting added to the links is in my opinion a bug, I also
noticed on the Sourceforge.net someone complained about a linux build
and not having -lX11 or something like that not coming through on links.
Sounded like the same problem to me.

>>2) I was too tired last night to resolve the ld issue so just as a
quick
>>test I built the 32 bit with the sun compiler.  Interestingly, isql no
>>longer gets the bus error and core dump but the other application I'm
>>using is still getting the core dump.  If the sql statement is the
same
>>(select * from owner.table), and both are using the same oracle odbc
>>library, any thoughts on why one would work and not the other?  I'm
just
>>looking for insights and theoretical to get me thinking a bit.

I had a thought and I asked it of kx, I think their software may be
using a hard coded location for the driver manager as opposed to the
path so if that's the case then I suspect it's still calling the gcc
version installed under root (a big process to do here) and not the test
version that worked with isql.  This would be great, my problems would
be solved and this issue put to bed (other than getting a clean 64 bit
build since Oracle recommends that over the 32 bit).