[unixODBC-support] RE: Repost - Install questions

HAS howard.stein at fmr.com
Wed Jun 20 21:04:47 BST 2007

> Just set CFLAGS= whatever you need to build 64 bit on that platform,
> then reconfigure and build.

> it seems for Oracle and gcc the compiler option is -m64 but it was tricky
> to get it to compile as wanted.
> You really have to work the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH because if you don't
> have everything pointing
> to the sparcv9 64 bit you end up with 64 bit files and then get errors
> about 32 bit elf on some of the
> libraries loading.  I figured out the sparcv9 from reading this
> http://www.perltk.org/index.php?
> option=content&task=view&id=36&Itemid=28 good thing I found that or I
> would have been stuck a lot
> longer.

>From the .configure --help:

LDFLAGS     linker flags, e.g. -L<lib dir> if you have libraries in a
              nonstandard directory <lib dir>

LDFLAGS=-xarch=v9

unfortunately, when you run make it is not bringing in the LDFLAGS.  I think
that's why I had so much trouble I had to make sure all libraries were in
the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and encountered in the right order because whatever that
xarch flag would have done for the linker isn't happenening.