[unixODBC-support] RE: Repost - Install questions

HAS howard.stein at fmr.com
Sun Jun 17 07:49:14 BST 2007

> Just set CFLAGS= whatever you need to build 64 bit on that platform,
> then reconfigure and build.

> Use man cc to find the flags.

it seems for Oracle and gcc the compiler option is -m64 but it was tricky to
get it to compile as wanted.  You really have to work the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
and PATH because if you don't have everything pointing to the sparcv9 64 bit
you end up with 64 bit files and then get errors about 32 bit elf on some of
the libraries loading.  I figured out the sparcv9 from reading this
http://www.perltk.org/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=36&Itemid=28
good thing I found that or I would have been stuck a lot longer.  I'm still
working away, I can start isql but get:

SQL> select count(*) from tcadbo.actions_stg
[IM003][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Specified driver could not be loaded
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLAllocStmt

So tomorrow will be more searching on what might be causing this and
resolving it.