[unixODBC-support] 32 bit vs 64 bit and other fun things

HAS howard.stein at fmr.com
Fri Jun 15 19:42:24 BST 2007

Hello, hopefully I can get some more education to solve some problems I'm
having with unixODBC and Oracle.

1) What are the difference(s) between 32 bit and 64 bit unixODBC?  Is it
just a compile option, or is it conditional code depending on build, or any
other differences not mentioned.

2) If you build 64 bit unixODBC can you use both 32 bit and 64 bit odbc
drivers or only 64 bit?

3) Is there any situation where a 64 bit ODBC driver could be used with
unixODBC compiled as 32 bit?

4) This is probably more suited for an Oracle forum but if someone knows the
answer, is the instant client 32 bit oracle driver able to work if the
backend Oracle is 64 bit?

Any help appreciated.  Thanks in advance.