[unixODBC-support] Datasource not found under Fedora 6 with Postgres

paul_deg paul_deg at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 14 00:30:20 BST 2007

I keep getting this message trying to connect to
PostgreSQL 8.1.  Unix ODBC and Postgres came with the
installation dvd. I use isql to test the connection. I
used dltest to test the drivers - loaded OK.
odbcinst -j shows  config  files location under /etc.
What can be wrong? Debud log from unix ODBC is not
very useful. Here are my ini files from /etc:

odbcinst.ini:

# Included in the unixODBC package
[PostgreSQL]
Description     = ODBC for PostgreSQL
Driver          = /usr/lib64/libodbcpsql.so
Setup           = /usr/lib64/libodbcpsqlS.so
FileUsage       = 1

# Driver from the MyODBC package
# Setup from the unixODBC package
#[MySQL]
#Description    = ODBC for MySQL
#Driver         = /usr/lib/libmyodbc.so
#Setup          = /usr/lib/libodbcmyS.so
#FileUsage      = 1

[ODBC]
TraceFile = /tmp/sql.log
Trace = Yes