[unixODBC-support] Repost - Install questions

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Wed Jun 13 22:51:26 BST 2007

HAS wrote:

>>The error you are getting either means the driver lib is failing when
>>the driver manager calls SQLAllocEnv or SQLAllocHandle for a environmant
>>handle.
>>

>I added some additional code to the SQLConnect.c and determined the
>offending call is this one, it returns -1 and cause the IM004 to be thrown.
>Please forgive me in advance for my cluelessness, and now my questions.
>
>is the SQLALLOCHANDLE referenced below expected to be in the odbc driver for
>the client I'm trying to connect to?
>
>if it is, I ran dltest as follows:
>
>bash-3.00$ dltest /ieqqammk1/oracle/product/10.2.0/lib32/libsqora.so.10.1
>SQLALLOCHANDLE
>SUCCESS: Loaded /ieqqammk1/oracle/product/10.2.0/lib32/libsqora.so.10.1
>ERROR: ld.so.1: dltest: fatal: SQLALLOCHANDLE: can't find symbol
> Could not find SQLALLOCHANDLE
>
>and
>
>bash-3.00$ dltest /ieqqammk1/oracle/product/10.2.0/lib32/libsqora.so.10.1
>SQLAllocHandle
>SUCCESS: Loaded /ieqqammk1/oracle/product/10.2.0/lib32/libsqora.so.10.1
>SUCCESS: Found SQLAllocHandle
>
>Is there an issue relating to the case of SQLAllocHandle vs SQLALLOCHANDLE?
>
>If this is a dll issue, what would be the path to trying to resolve it?
>Oracle client forum?
>
>Open to ideas...  Thanks in advance.
>
>ret = SQLALLOCHANDLE( connection,
>                    SQL_HANDLE_ENV,
>                    SQL_NULL_HENV,
>                    &connection -> driver_env,
>                    connection );

No, you have missed what the code is doing, SQLALLOCHANDLE is a macro
that calls the entry point in the driver that has been dynamically
loaded, it calls SQLAllocHandle.

If it didn't have the entry point, it woudln't have tried to call it. So
its callint the driver, and the driver is returning -1. Maybe it can't
load the oracle libs. Maybe try using strace and see if that gives any
clues.

Other than that, try the Oracle folk, or Easysoft do a nice driver :-).